Thursday, November 8, 2012

Choice and Accountablity

This is me with one of the candidates for State Governor at the time, Rob McKenna
For my " Choice and Accountability" 10 hour Value Project I volunteered at the local Republican  Headquarters. I picked this project because the choices people make now in political things effect our futures and the future generations. Its important to be informed and get involved.

I "phone-banked," which is where you call people and ask them to vote. It took me a little over ten hours (really I could volunteered more or less, they really need people to volunteer). 

This project wouldn't be available as an option all the time, only around election season. But there are other politically-related volunteering things you can do. 

To get more information talk to your parents, leaders, or political leaders in your area, so they can help you find ways and places to volunteer. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment